tell me some way i should punish my 11 year old

what should i do

natbug6697

Asked by natbug6697 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take away stuff, cell phone, internet, television, time with friends,etc.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• bare bottom over your lap spankings
    Anonymous

• Depends what she's doing... I'd start by taking away privileges and luxuries. No TV, no internet, no iPod, no cell phone, no friends over, etc. Also, she can't have any of her stuff/privileges back until she EARNS them... like a good grade on the next math test, doing the dishes every day for a week, etc. And anytime she gets lippy with you, add on MORE chores or take away MORE stuff. And DO NOT back down... you're the MOM!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have two 14 year olds. For lesser offenses I take away privileges, video games and computers and TV for short periods. For larger offenses they lose more, and for longer periods. Up to full blown grounding where they lose everything (except TV as long as it is with Mom or Dad, I don't want to tell my kids no you can't be in the same rooms a me)
    Another punishment is cleaning, they hate to clean so this is worse than losing privileges sometimes and it is a winning situation for me, because I get stuff done.
    Krowla

Answer by Krowla at 6:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I agree about the cleaning! win win situation! I have ten yr old boys and we have been making them do push ups and sit ups, they already have no TV in their room, no video game or computer or cell phone. Sometimes they lose a privilege of going with me down to the pool to swim or to the store, but mostly the physical activity 1. keeps them busy 2. makes them think whther or not what they did was worth having to do situps, pushups and 3. tires them out for further mischief. Chores mine have to do anyway tho, so it's not really a punishment, and also I think kids should help out around the house w/out it being a punishment, just part of helping run the household!
    Anonymous

• I feel compelled to say that a bare bottomed spanking is not appropriate for an eleven year old. By then, a parent can certainly attach the "punishment" to the offense. It is humiliating and inappropriate for a developing child to be barebottomed and over their parents lap.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Take everything away........until she gets back in line.......
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2008