Does anyone have advice on what I can do? I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and need a job.

I need a job like ASAP. I've tried work at home jobs. Mostly scams or something you have to pay for. I need a job to pay me not something I have to pay for. I need a job like really bad. I'm barely making it. Somedays I eat some I don't. My water is about to be turned off and my power is next. I try to keep my internet on being that I'm pregnant and the whole world is at my finger tips with it on. I don't kow what to do next. I get WIC, medicaid, and I applied for foodstamps (no response yet), and the baby's father's income is all we have right now and like I said we're barely making it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• get a job then anything!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well... since you're pregnant, you should've applied for the emergency food stamps. Try a food bank as well.
    Most electric/water companies will give you a grace period or some charities to call to assist with your bill - you can also try calling the DSHS office.
    I'm not sure many places will hire a pregnant woman that far along... especially since you weren't with them before you got pregnant.

Good luck. :[
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've tried. I had a job and that company told me not to come back to after I have my baby. I'm going through the motions of finding a lawyer now. I have interviewed but when they see the bump they make up excuses of not hiring me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Can you babysit or something like that? school just started and maybe you could watch kids after school? Or become a nanny so whenyou have your baby you could takeit with you. Do some house cleaning for people. You need to call about your foodstamps, if you arent eating every day that is bad for your baby!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• then keep applying places. doesnt have to be a big company or anything. look in the newspaper, go to a company that helps people get jobs.. anything apply EVERYwhere... i got hired at 8 months pregnant at one job and 7 months pregnant at another. do what you have to do. dont just sit there doing nothing and not eating. do whatever you can to take care of yourself and your baby.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is what I do from home. Check it out, and let me know if I can help with any questions!
    I would also call your utilities people, and talk with them. Sometimes they do give extra time to pay it you explain your situation. You may even want to go personally to their offices and talk face to face.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 7:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank you everybody. And please don't take me posting on here as begging or anything like that. I do try. And I wanted to post on here to get others opinions or ideas on things to do. This was sort of a last resort. Is always nice to get different inputs. I appreciate the ideas you all have given Just keep me in your prayers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I always went for cashier jobs. They aren't too picky. Just don't make an issue of it when you go in. I know it sounds wrong, but I didn't tell and employer one time because I knew she wouldn't hire me. She was pissed when she found out that I was 23 weeks but I turned out to be a very valuable employee and stayed for a long time after! Just don't make it an issue unless it's a safety issue. I did what I had to do and I don't feel the least bit guilty. They aren't allowed to discriminate.......or at least openly, they'll say some crap like I found someone better qualified or some other excuse.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank you. Steff107. Thats so true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009