Ear piercing

my daughter is 4 months and 1 week old and i really want to get her ears pieced but im not sure when she would be old enough to get them done and im also concerend how it will affect how she sleeps because she sleeps on her side and she knows how to roll over when shes playing.any suggestions?thanks

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she is too young. wait for tetenus shots 1st momma! :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• you can get them pierced right now.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You have to have her 2 month shots. My daughter has her ears pierced and she is fine on her side and when she's rolling over. If you want to get them done then I would say to do it. I got my daughters done at 4 months.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• and don't worry about how she sleeps. u have no idea how tiny newborn earings are. she wont even know they're there.

tiny = SAFE though.... make certain you get special locking backs and do it at a pediatric office, not a mall. they will use sterile needles instead of filthy guns.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I guess it depends on your particular vaccine schedule? My Molly was 6 mos, after the dr said she'd had whatever whatever shots and a bit of an immune system built up "just in case"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• you dont have to have their shots done... 4 months is a good age to do it. ask your childs pedi if they do them there, i know my DD dr office does ear piercing there.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• good luck, have fun, don't forget the camera :) and oh yeah, surgical steel kicks butt above all others for princess ears. completely allergen free.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Momnbaby = she sure does need shots done before having holes drilled into her head! I am all for baby ear piercing but u need a level of sanity about it... infants have immature immune systems, so they might not be able to fight off an infection at the site of the piercing very well. If you're getting pierced she should be old enough to handle mild infections and will have gotten at least one round of vaccines in order to accomplish this.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• mom she DOES need her shots.. they will NOT do them before shes had them, and personally your doing it for yourself at that age not your childs your child is pretty enough without holes in her body id wait till she is ready for em and wants them
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• no, they dont hibbingmom. I've researched on ear piercing for infants and best time to do them, and ive talked to my DD pediatrician who assured me as long as you take care of it, and clean them correctly. they do not a tetanus shot for this.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009