baby switching at the hospital

Does this still happen?

I told my husband to bring a sharpie so he could mark our baby and make sure they brought the same one back...

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they put the id bands on the baby before he/she even leaves your room. with the alarms and stuff you shouldn't have to worry about it, but if you are then bring your own recieving blanket, clothes, and hats for the baby to wear just to help put your mind at ease
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If it does, it has gone way high-tech and marking your baby with a sharpie will easily be figured out by the people smart enough to steal babies today.

It's like being in prison. They have trackers inside bands that track the baby's whereabouts. The bands also sound an alarm if removed before deactivation.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• even in my small town they have the traker ankle bracelets. if someone takes the baby out of the materinty ward all sorts of alarms go off.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank god, I WAS worried.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009