can someone help me?

this is what happend: i was cleaning when my 3 yr old decides to go in his room to play. next thing you know i go in to see what he is up to and there he is with my "my size barbie" in his underwear and so was the doll in his bed under a pillow kissing it. i was so apalled i ran ouside and told my husband what i saw. he was disturbed by it and i went inside called his name and said "get your shoes one we are going outside" as i walked to his bedroom i asked him what he was doing he said sleeping. i saw the barbie had no clothes on so i told him we dont take clothes off moms dolly we always keep our clothes on. and on we went outside. my question is why? how? i am the only one that watches him. where did he see this? why did he do this?my husband and i dont ever do anything while he is awake and we keep our door closed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Must have seen it on tv.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Hello, Kids have feet. I'm sure he sleeps in his room but it's possible he could have walked in on you guys. I know my son has.
    You could watch a show at night thinking he's asleep and he very well could be awake watching it with you from a hallway (I did that as a kid).

DON'T FREAK OUT. it's normal, don't treat him like he did annything wrong or bad because if this leaves a big enough imprint in his mind, you might cause more damage than good.

if he was doing this when he is 7 I would have a little firmer hand. BUT HE'S 3. Chill out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• unfortunately it could have been anywhere. did he perhaps see a tv show or movie with you that had a love scene? or walking by the tvs in an appliance store with a movie on......a commercial for a new movie, etc. i think you were right by not making it a huge deal and distracting him. when things are forbidden kids tend to try them more often. my 3 yr old ss asks about my DH and i...mostly where everyone sleeps and i just make sure i just tell him momma and daddy sleep in the same bed because we're married. kids are super curious about bodies at this age and seem to want to undress. but just keep giving age appropriate info if asked. good job not overreacting!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• it's normal. My 3 yr old is always running around naked, when I know 5 minutes before that he had clothes on. He plays with his peepee and after 100 times watching cars he says I'm not a mack, I'm a peterbilt for dang sake.

don't worry too much, He might have saw it on tv. I know during the day they run commercials for shows at night and sometimes they are in bed. Who knows he could have saw it on a cartoon. I know the old school cartoons show kissing and stuff (like popeye).

I do have a question. .... why do you have a lifesize barbie? I could understand if it's for your daughter....but why do you have one? Your a grown woman.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 8:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• to: AmmuJSE
    oh the reason i have a barbie is because i babysit my nieces all the time and they play dress up. i sew outfits for their dolls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• :) Okay not that I needed it but thank you :)

some dolls I find creepy and lifesize barbie is one of them lol. That sounded kinda rude when I asked you....Sorry about that.

Do you think your husband can ask him where he learned that? *the being in bed with just unders on* kissing the doll thing without making too big of a deal so at least you would know where he learned it?

Just be kinda like, I saw you kissing the doll, where did you learn that from but don't ask it too hard. be kinda joking when you ask so he won't think much of it.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 8:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• thanks for that. i feel sorta releived because i thought the worst. OMG. thanks all of you for your answers..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ahhhhhhhhhhhh you babysit your nieces....do you think he might have learned it from them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• TV, nieces, up at night when you think he's sleeping....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2009