what the heck is going on?

Okay, I'm 35 weeks pregnant, almost 36 weeks.

Baby has been head down since 30 weeks.

Baby has dropped A LOT, I can tell because my belly looks weird, smaller and I have tons of pressure down there as opposed to the rib pain and trouble breathing I had before.

I have been losing mucous plug since 29 weeks.

I lost a ton yesterday and a little more today. I feel like my pelvis is bursting open. Feels like a knife is going to explode out of me. And I feel like crap, nauseated, extremely crampy, and now I am getting massive headaches (I NEVER get headaches)

Is this all just normal discomfort for the end, or should I be concerned that I may be going into early labor? It's still early...I'm not even 36 weeks yet and I'm worried that she is going to have problems.

What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is your belly firming up when you cramp, like a contraction? You could very easily go into labor prior to 40 weeks. I had my daughter at 35 weeks and my twins came at 38 weeks. Please, if it continues, head up to labor and delivery and have them check it out. Good luck!
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 8:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OP here, my belly does seem to get tighter...not as much today but yesterday it was doing it a lot. I'd get crampy and I'd get tight and firm in spots but I thought it might have been the baby just pushing out lol I didn't even think about it possibly being contractions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I did that the last eight weeks of my pregnancy. Just part of "the end". I think you are normal! Everytime I peed I thought that whole area would explode into the toilet there was so much pressure!lol I lost my mucus plug for weeks and weeks. I constantly went in for every weird pain and feeling I had and I just quit doing it because they always sent me home anyway. The pressure of a baby about to come out of you is way way more than a baby lightening in the uterus. Unless you are doubled over in pain or bleeding heavily you are probably fine.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009