friends? (didn't know what other category to write in.)

So, I have these friends that have been there for me and my family ...for the most part. I've known them for years and we have always been up front and honest. Not long ago, her and her dh split and have been working on their marriage since. I try to always be there for her when she needs an ear or shoulder.
Problem is now, my dh and I are having problems. Big ones. To the point of possible splitting. So I've been looking to her for support and am not getting a lot. She's been very self absorbed lately. To the point of neglecting her own relationships with dh, dds and other close friends. Should I just let her be? Tell her (once again) that she needs to step up and pull her head out? or Just cut her out? (the last one would be very difficult seeing that she is my dd's godmother). I'm tired of always making the effort to stay friends. Another problem is she is my only close friend. All my family live hundreds of miles away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• ????

No one has any thoughts on this??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Mmm...prob just don't know what to tell u. That would def be a very tough situation. I can see where u would be tired of being the one always putting forth the effort. But, if she is having issues of her own, she may not see how bad u r hurting & how much help u need from her.
    My friend (one of only 2 I had @ the time) had become pregnant w/in a month of me finding out that I was. At 3 months, I miscarried for a 3rd time, then got my tubes tied because I couldn't take it anymore. That was in june...she was due in jan. From about nov on, she whined & cried to me about what she was gonna do. I was tired of her complaining about not finding an appropriate family to give her perfectly healthy baby to when mine was gone! It was a wake up call 4 her-she was so invoved in her prob that she couldn't see how it hurt me.
    Maybe you just need to tell her...
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 11:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i have a friend that was very close to me, she is the godmother of my child and she is not there for me at all now. i feel like she does not care. i told her we had a house fire and she said "good luck with that". wow, and that was sent in a email, no calls. ask her why she is acting like this, then if she keeps it up end the friendship. you don't need friends that don't care about you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009