Did you ever worry that your baby was too chubby?

My little girl is absolutely adorable and very chubby. She is 7.5 months and 20 lbs. She has rolls all over! It's so cute but I'm worried about her being overweight in the future. My son is a rail so I just don't have any experience with this. She is already crawling. The pediatrician says not to worry, but I do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I worried about our son when he was that age, too. He was in the upper percentile in height and weight. The doctor told us that he worries about weight if the difference between the weight percentile and height percentile is extreme.

My son is now two and a half and is over 38" tall and weighs 35 pounds. He's not fat looking or skinny looking. He's just right.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh, and he also said that they drop a lot of weight once they get their feet under them!
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh...just to add (this was my initial question), she is in the 90th percentile in height and weight.
    bg2

Answer by bg2 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If she was overweight or you needed to be concerned her pediatrician would have said something by now. Most babies go through a chubby phase once they start eating solid foods but usually that comes right off soon as they become more active and start crawling and walking all of the time.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My son went through a chubby stage, but once he started crawling and growing lenghth wise, it all evened out. Besides, your doctor would have said something.
    jlpmommy

Answer by jlpmommy at 9:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My son was 22lbs when he was just 6 months old, his rolls had ROLLS. He couldn't crawl cause he would "high center" himself. He was the cutest baby, OMG, so cute. Now he is 6'1" and 130lbs!! So yea, enjoy the chubbyness
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009