bruiser the dog...

bruiser, my 5 yr. old cocker spaniel is coming to live with us..i havent been able to have him since we moved over a yr. ago...bruiser has lost sight in one eye..and has always been very protective over me and my husband...is there a way to get him used to my 15 mos. old, and vise versa??? or is it better that he stay in our room or what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pets

• you will have to seriously watch the dog and child together, especially if the dog is blind in one eye- he may not see the kid coming

good luck
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Cocker Spaniels are sometimes very protective of their favorite people. If you are his favorite, he may snap at baby.

My mom had to find a home for her CS when I was born because of this.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would be very careful! Sometimes when dogs are blind in one eye, they feel they are being attacked and may snap! Do not leave them alone together ever! Make sure youwatch them and let baby know it is not ok to hit, pull, pr pinch doggy! But after one lil nip, baby may learn his/her lesson!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Cocker Spaniels are a breed actually known to not tolerate children very well, so lady and the tramp was a hoax. i wouldn't have one with a baby. Sorry. If you can keep the dog away from the baby, I'm all for it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2009