How did you go into labor?? Anything special happen that day??

was it on you mind? did you feel any different before??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hubby and I went to interview the first pediatrician that day, and stopped at Roadhouse for lunch.

I felt fine.

I woke up around midnight- not so fine.

My son was three weeks early. (doing great!)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yeah, I each time I went into labor I had my beautiful babies-that's special!

For two of my kids my water bag broke and for the other 1 just regular contraction pains.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was on hospital bed rest for preterm labor.
    My husband was spending his day off with me - had a few days. Before he came, I told him that I was going to give birth while he was on his day off, and he laughed.
    Did I go into labor on his day off? Yes
    Did the night nurse believe me? No.
    How long did it take for her to FINALLY contact my OB to do a pelvic exam? 4 hours.
    Was I in fact in labor? Yes. I was 6 cm dilated and there was no turning back. I took priority over another scheduled c-section he had. :]

Do I want to find that nurse and punch her in the face? I certainly do. :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• With my first, I just woke up and I was in labor with in 30 minutes....I think it was the twist cone dipped in chocolate that I ate before I went to sleep the night before. =)

My second, my oldest and I went to see her dad at work because he was working into the night and she missed him. He was loading a train with grain and the little room he was in had a light, constant shake to it. Two hours after we left, I was in labor! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was at home when my Braxton H. contractions started the day after my due date and that night they were getting worse so the next day I went to the hospital and they sent me home. I took a bath then later on the next day I went to the hospital again they sent me home. So sunday night I couldn't take the pain so I took a hour long shower and I guess that is when my water broke because when my husband took me to the hospital the nurse said she could feel my son's hair!! 8 hours later he was born! Thank God I only pushed a few times on monday morning!! He was born at 8:50 am!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• just a regular day, a sunday. was just feeling large and tired at 41 weeks and went to bed. it was a rough night with cramping and discomfort. then my water broke around 9 in the morning and soon after i was in active labor and had my son at 6 pm
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It was a Sunday and I was 43 weeks (this was the 70's) and I woke up in labor. I hadn't seen my husband much, he had been working overtime to save up money. He was going to take me out to Sunday brunch.

I took a bath and soaked until time to wake him up. I didn't say anything about being in labor. We got ready and the brunch was great. I was hiding labor well. Then I had to go to the bathroom and it was upstairs. The waitress watched me going upstairs and asked my husband if he knew I was in labor. He made me leave. I was about done eating anyway.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Labor, cont.

I wanted a CNM birth and we had to drive about 45 min. to the hospital in another town. This was during the gas shortage crisis and gas stations were all closed on Sundays. We had gas but there wasn't anywhere to stop to go to the bathroom. There weren't fast food places like there are now.

My bladder was ready to burst when I got to the hospital. I run into the ER bathroom and they are afraid I'm going to have the baby in the bathroom! I didn't have the baby for hours. All my brunch food did come back up right when I was getting my blood drawn. It was worth it, my last meal without kids.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Another Sunday birth, here, too, lol!!

I was 41 weeks and forgot that I would ever *not* be pregnant anymore. I suppose there is a point where you actually assume you're gonna be pregnant forever! ;-P

Well this day was Easter and I was planning to take my 2 year-old to an egg hunt (a big deal, right?!) ...but felt the urgency to stay close to home. Kind of a fog over me like when you take a cold medicine. I didn't even tell DD about missing the hunt, she never knew the diff... ;-)

Late morning I noticed my braxton hicks were accompanied my menstrual cramps. I figured it was a diarrhea pang coming on. But the sensations came consistently, I realized they were timeable.

Over the hours they became more intense & more frequent. I walked around the neighborhood shops & went to a cafe.

That evening I had an smoothe & fun waterbirth, my 10-pounder slipped right out into my hands, no tearing.
    LOVELY!! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My husband was off from work. We spent most of the day (a Tuesday) running errands around town. By the time we got home, I was feeling kind of "off" but didn't think anything of it, being 41 weeks and expecting a baby any day. After dinner, started getting mild cramps, which I'd been getting off and on for weeks. So that didn't alert me either. What I DID pay attention to was that a shower, a glass of water, and resting on my side didn't make the cramps go away. I woke up to *very* mild contractions in the middle of the night, rolled over, and slept a few more hours before I needed to be up and about. Did housework and cooking, took another nap, and went to the hospital mid morning the following day. Baby was born Wednesday evening. It was long but very gentle and easy to tolerate as long as everyone left me alone.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009