whats the best, healthiest formula out there???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All the milk based formulas are the same...even the generics.

The only thing truly healthy is breast milk and that's free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I use good starts with DHA and ARA and IRON. I really wouldn't have asked this question on here. You will probably get bashed.
    Anonymous

• Pie!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The best formula is whatever works for your baby.... They are all the same (IE Enfamil w/Iron, Similac w/Iron, Good Start w/Iron... etc etc)

I used Enfamil Lipil w/Iron for my son (it's what we got on WIC) but when we'd have to buy extra if I didn't have the money to buy the Enfamil i'd buy a can of the Nestle Good Start and never had any problems.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• - HA i'll get bashed huh??? i'ts just a question, I already know that breast milk is the the best option...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Unfortunately on here people will bash you for having any opinion that they dont agree with.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Best healthiest formula ... now there is an oxymoron.

Whatever works for your child. As you know formula was created as a medical intervention so best and healthiest are all relative.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• They're truly much of a muchness. Yhe BEST formula is the one YOUR BABY will take. Nothing more than that. All the additives really don't make that much difference. They're marketing ploys. There has even been some discussion about the DHA ARA additives being more harmful than beneficial.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• They're all basically the same. Breast milk is the only thing that is actually CREATED specifically for YOUR baby's needs and formula is a guessing game.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The formula with DHA and ARA has not been approved by the FDA. There have been many reports of explosive diarrhea. The way they are made is nothing like the fatty acids in breast milk. I would stay away from these formulas.

Powdered formula is not sterile and can cause illness and death.

Soy formula is the worst. Google it if interested.

If I couldn't breastfeed I would get milk from local breastfeeding mothers. My second choice would be milk from a milk bank. If I had to get formula I would probably get organic formula.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009