How can I make a father and son get along?

My husband and son don't get along. They much rather hate each other verses shut up and smile. I am afraid that this is going to mess with their relationship when our son grows up. I love them both very much and it breaks my heart when I got through this. I pray and pray and pray. i am all out of prayer. What can I do?

kewlkat23323

Asked by kewlkat23323 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• My son and his dad were like that, but now they are living together while my son is in school. So far I think things are going well. Although I hear they are having a wee problem when it comes to cooking. Basically neither of them can! lmao Hey, not my fault...I tried...no one was interested in learning.
    I don't know how old your son is, but I know when mine was in his teens that they pretty much hated each other too. Keep your chin up, maybe they'll both outgrow it.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No you have to just let them work it out. I don't know the situation but people shouldn't just pretend to be happy when it comes to family. They have to actually come together and resolve the issue and move forward with a fresh start and promises to do better. I do not talk to my dad and my mom used to try to make me just come around anymore. She finally did realize that he needs to change his ways and that it's between the two of us not really her.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009