i know i have to wash the baby clothes before he wears them but do i have to wash the bibs,wash cloths,and bath robes,blnkets and socks too??

lilmama2be113

Asked by lilmama2be113 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. Look at it this way, you want to wash the sizing and stuff out of the stuff, because you don't want that all over your baby's skin.

Also, think about when you go to the store. You see all sorts of people who are sick, dirty, etc pawing through the racks looking for what they want to buy. You see little kids with snot all over their face, wiping their nose on their hands, then grabbing the baby blanket to show their mom. You see things getting knocked off the racks and then someone steps on it, then notices it and picks it up and hangs it back up.....

Now, do you really want to take that bib that's been dropped, stepped on, coughed all over, etc, and hang it around your baby's neck and possibly wipe their mouth with the corner of it?

I don't mean that in a harsh way, just that if you think about it, what the stuff goes through is pretty gross, so you really do need to wash it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yeah, anything they touch...

i dont know if i'll wash everything myself- but people seem to want everything washed
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i personally wash everything b4 my dd wears it... or sleeps on. or anything.and I also do it for my clothes too..just bcuz new clothes stink anways. and my hubby gets mad bcuz he likes to wear his clothes brand new like that but i hate it..just bcuz he stinks and smells like chemical stuff and those clothes arent clean neways...but its up to u...
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• good point sailorwife!!!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I washed some of my sons clothing n then I stopped. After reading that first post I think I will from now on.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009