immigration marriage

I'm preparing to marry my fiance who is an illegal immigrant im looking for advice or information..on what is necessary--or anyone who has been through this situation before, to share their experience..im 100% in love with this man, and can't wait to start our life together--he initially came on vacation, and just decided not to leave..im not interested in any bashing, im pregnant and is NOT needed--think before you judge. thank you in advance for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, in our state in order to go through with the process, if you do not make at least 20,000 you will need a sponsor to sign with you before you go through the process. This just guarantees that you have someone who can support you both if you are unable to work or something happens. Thats about the only thing I had issues with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You need legal advice, which you won't find here. As I understand it. your miarriage won't protect him for deportation if he gets caught. And even a traffic ticket could get him in trouble. So...are you prepared for possibly having to travel to his country to stay with him? Are you prepared to live apart while he goes home and tries to get things done the right way? As awful as that sounds, you need to consider those possibilities.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• did you have a lawyer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i absolutely am thinking of all of that as difficult as it would be i would go...we are starting a family, the most difficult part is his mother was born and raised in america--he just missed the cutoff they changed the law 2 years after he was born--his mom or younger siblings could also get him legal but the kids are still young and i dont wanna wait to get married
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with g. You need an attorney. If you are as in love as you say you are, I wish you nothing but the very best. Mazal Tov.

urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 8:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• has anyone been through this situation before?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes but not for love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• how did it go for papers?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• IM MARREID TO AN IMMIGRANT RIGHT NOW....WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR THREE YEARS...AND HE STILL HASNT FILED FOR HIS PAPERS...BUT I HEARD U HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALOT OF STEPS....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009