Dobermans

I know someone who has a 4 year old female Dobie. I think she has had her for only about a year or so. Anyway I am not one of those people that think all of a certain breed are dangerous. I have been around this dog occasionally for about a couple months now. I wasn't ever afraid before.

Now though I have seen her be aggressive. Food aggression and dominance toward our dog. I guess what scares me is I have 2 young children that are around this dog. Since I have seen her act this way I am scared of her being around my children. Do you think she would turn the aggression on them?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pets

• If this dog is allowed to get away with food aggression and dominance toward other animals, then yes, aggression toward humans is always possible. This dog obviously does not have clear leadership and training if it is allowed to display dominant or aggressive behaviors. I do not allow any food aggression, resource guarding, or dominance toward other animals because I am the leader and my dog knows those behaviors are not acceptable.
    That said, even though my dog is incredibly well behaved and socialized, I do not leave him unsupervised with small children. Please make sure your children are never left alone with this dog.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes this dog has not been shown any obediance and is getting away with dominating things around the home. she will dominate anything she can including your children and you. this owner needs to train this dog before it gets to late and she can't be retrained and is in the end put to death. this dog can turn on it's own owner as well.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009