has anyone ever lied to????

get their kid into school?

I have a friend whos little girl will be 5 on the 7th of Sept. I know that the cut of date is the 1st of Sept. and she said that her daughter is in kindergarten. I am wondering how the hell she got her kid in school when mine have to wait another year. She said that she just changed the 7 on her birth certificate to a 1 and they took her in school.

Just wnatingto know if anyone else has done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow....that's really....stupid. There is a bigger reason for the cut off besides just a few days. Some children are not ready for kindergarten when they are 4 1/2 or just turned 5.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think it is no biggie. My husband and I did it when our son was in school. He was ready for school but his birthday was a day after the cut off date. We were both working and could not afford daycare, so we just changed the date. Its not biggie, if your child is ready then why make them wait another year just because their birthday is a day late. His preschool teacher said he was ready and he could write his name, tell you his address, and phone number, he knew his letters and numbers so he was ready.
    I really think that the cut off date is a load of bull crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Some schools will let kids in if there are only a couple of days between the cutoff and the childs actual birthday.. If she did infact lie she won't get away with it. I guarantee it. To me it's freaking stupid, you can't lie about your kids birthday forever ya know.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:09 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• "I really think that the cut off date is a load of bull crap "

If they didn't have cutoff dates they would have an overload of parents throwing their kids in school even if they aren't ready.. The teachers would be outnumbered and there would be so many students that just weren't ready. Besides if they didn't have "cut off" dates who would decide when/at what age a child should attend.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Not only is the lying parent(s) ignorant but she has no regard nor respect for the rest of us. My daughter is now in 4th grade and it is starting to level off but having to deal with all the "too young should have stayed home" immature, whiny, "lacking appropriate social skills kids" was horrible for the teachers;and I might add detracted from those children who were appropriataly aged in the class.
    .
    Jeesh thing about someone other than yourself. The rule is there for a reason. If you indeed have given birth to the next Einstein well, I'm full certain that he/she will be recognized for their genius and moved up. And for the parent that did it for money---don't have children you cannot afford!!!!

My heart goes out to annoymous child/ren. Not only are you and your husband narcissistic BUT if you don't know that there is much much much more to school than name, numbers etc. I feel for the future of your child.
    lydshaye

Answer by lydshaye at 1:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My sister was a teacher, now a stay at home Mom and tells of a Mom who had her doctor (a whole different moral issue) induce her SOLELY so that the child would meet the deadline. My sister had the unborn child's older sibling in her class- the Mother's decision re inducement was born out in the behavior of her older child. Begging for attention.
    lydshaye

Answer by lydshaye at 1:20 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Annoymous turn the parent in to the authorities. She is stealing federal and state aid provided to the schools for each child APPROPRIATLY and LEGALLY enrolled in school. I just detest liars and people who don't give a damn nor have any regard for doing their part to maintain even a modicum of respect for the greater overal societal good. I promise you that her kid is NOT ready for school. She is defrauding taxpayers on both a federal and state level. Additionally let her kid try and explain why all the awards and great sat/ act scores etc. are under a different birthdate. Ignorant. OOOOhhh it irritates me. Play by the rules liar Mom.
    lydshaye

Answer by lydshaye at 1:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I saw this and had to post on it,
    I my self did the same thing. My daughters birthday is on the 3rd and they would not let her go to school. I am a single mom, her dad was abusive and i had to leave. I work but I dont make a lot. I can not afford daycare. Do you know how much it is a week? So when they said that she can not go because of the 2 day late thing I was pissed. My mom works with her every day on her numbers, letters, name and things like that that they do in kindergarten. I know that I can not go on and lie about her age forever, and once she hits the 1st grade there is no reason to she will already be in school.

Some parents have to make a decision as to what is best for the family and the child. I just picked up a sceond job just to make ends meet. For those of you who say dont have kids you cant afford. I had my child & I could afford thats messes up. I work hard no welfare or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That's a really bad idea - it's a terrible example to show your children, and they WILL someday know what you did. What are you going to tell them? That it's okay to lie if it benefits you?!?

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you are talking to me Answered at 7:48 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 by: Anonymous :
    then I will let her know, when she is old enough to realize what mommy did that it was not right and that I should not have done it.
    But at the same time if I would have went on public assistance and quit my job so that the government would pay for daycare then I would be getting bashed on here by all who talk bad about assistance. So I did what I had to do to make sure that she was taken care of while I am at work. Big Damn Deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009