Is it ok for him to sleep in same bed with girlfriend while son is visiting?

We have been separated for 5 months and he thinks that it's ok for his girlfriend to spend the night or vice versa and sleep together while our son is with him. He is 10 years old and I think he's going thru enough already getting used to the separation and seeing us both with other people. I'm glad he's not bringing home someone different every night. I told him if they were going to stay the night, one of them should sleep on the couch. He see's this as a way for me to try and dictate how he lives his life. And while it does hurt to see him with someone so soon, this is not about me. I just don't think this is right. The house is still in both our names and I've been having trouble getting refinanced in just my name. He is now threatening to take legal action if it's not out of his name by the end of Sept. all because I told him not to be in same bed while he has our son. Am I wrong to be upset?Please help

blueeyes4ever

Asked by blueeyes4ever at 9:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Ask your son how he feels about it. If your son has a problem with it then cut off that kind of visitation unless he agrees not to allow new gfs to be around. His time spent with his son should be exactly that and not time with the gf.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sorry wrong post!lol Yeah, I would be pissed about that too. He's not caring about your son's feelings or level of comfort. He's caring about his new piece of ass's feelings. Ask your boy how he feels. If he doesn't like it have him tell dad, and don't make him go over there to stay the night if that's what they choose to do...at least until your son is adjusted properly.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Hhhmmm... but I think it IS about you. ;) You are jealous. Get over it. Go out the with girls and try to move on. Your son is 10. He knows more about the real world than you give him credit for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Truthfully, there is nothing you can do about that tell you get a divorce. You might be able to put it in the divorce papres.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think you should ask the child. A child is going to tell you what he thinks you want to hear. He knows you are hurting and wants to please you. So be the adult and hold firm. It is confusing to kids. The man can take off being a male ho for the time his son is with him. This is hard enough on the kid. He shouldn't make it harder for the boy to process what's going on. I'm with you. Tell him to cut the crap.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• How is it bad for a child to see that people who are in a committed relationship share a bed?

When daddy was with you, he shared a bed with you. Now daddy has a new love, and he shares a bed with her.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 11:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009