Do you have a sweet child????

My oldest Son Brady is disabled and in a wheelchair. Sometimes his head gets tired and he will tilt it to the side to rest it. Well my 5 year old Son Ashton always helps by sitting his head back up when he needs it and always looks out for him. We just were getting ready to eat dinner and I was setting the table when Brady's head fell and my 15 month old Daughter Ava walked right up to him and pushed his head up. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen, for a baby to see her Brother uncomfortable and needing help. My Husband and I got all teary eyed and couldn't believe it. It has been a tough road with Brady and how sick he has been but it makes me thankful that I have kids that are so willing to help and make their big Brother comfortable without even asking. So I would like to know what your child/children have done or said that was so sweet???

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Awwww, thats a very touching story. My 8 year old is very sweet and thoughful, he always has been. My little girl isn't the sweetest person ever, but she has more of a personality:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Thank you for telling us about your children. It is a beautiful and touching story. My children are grown with families of their own. I'd say that something that they both did that impressed me greatly is that when the father of a family friend died, ( the friend and her husband we had vacationed with for several years when the boys were small,) one son drove 2 hours and the other drove 5 hours to attend the funeral. They'd never met the gentleman, but they felt it was proper to show respect to the friend.

Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was sick today (vomiting), as soon as my son got home from school he took my temperature ,got me some gingerale and made me a can of campbells soup. He has the magic touch b/c I felt so much better afterwards.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Aww that is so sweet. My oldest son is super excited about his baby brother that will be here in October. He seems so interested in everything and told the u/s tech to get his brother"out of the dark" AKA my belly so he could give his brother hugs and kisses. It melted my heart.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• A few yrs ago it was March and we had just had a snow storm. It wasn't particularly a bad storm but had made our porch icy. I went outside to start the cars and when I came back in I twisted and fell. I hurt my foot pretty bad (Chipped the top of my foot). Anyway while we were waiting for a ride to the hospital my daughter went to her room and picked out a stuffed toy for me and sat with me and told me everything was going to be alright. She is the most precious daughter a mom could ask for.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What a special family you have! That was a touching story :)

When my DD was 18 months old (i think), there was another child crying at the department store where we were shopping. She was very concerned and walk over to her and gave her the stuffed animal she was holding and patted her on the back. It was so compassionate.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• that is a very touching story. today i got sick and my son 15 came home from work to take care of me, then when my daughter 13 yr old came home from school they both took care of me. my son never does that for me i cried it was so sweet. my daughter always takes care of me when i'm sick and she is home from school. just so i don't get bashed my 15 yr old is homeschooled.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• How sweet. Your oldest is teaching his siblings compassion and empathy, and your 5 year old is setting a wonderful example for his sister! It is refreshing to see kids like that today. You are obviously a wonderful mother!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Your story reminds me why I'm always smiling,kids will always remind us how blessed we are,my DH and I was just talking about one of our grandsons,Christian is 11,he told us ,while we were on vacation,that he has to hurry and get a job,so he can take care of us,this child calls us every moring and night to see how we are doing, he always making sure we are okay,it's just the little things he do that is so special. Please give your sweet kids a big hug for me.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009