my 2 year old has a rash

my two year old has a rash on her back, its red dots, they arent bothering her really like theyre not itchy and she isnt in pain, and theyre kind of spread out a little not all in one area. any suggestions? im calling the doctor tomorrow morning but i was looking for suggestions or should i maybe take her to the er? she doesnt have a fever, shes awake and acting normal. so i dont know. any ideas or suggestions appreciated, like i said im calling the doctor first thing tomorrow morning but you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Kids' Health

• does it look like a heat rash maybe? i would google rashes and see if i could find anything if i were you
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I wouldn't take her to an ER, it's not an Emergency... she is acting fine, has no fever, and isn't bothered by the rash.

I would wash the area to make sure it's not something she touched and then do nothing else. I wouldn't worry about it at all unless she develops more symptoms.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Had she been sick a few days prior to the rash? I know that sometimes when little ones get a virus and it seems to be gone, a couple days later they can break out in a rash. It usually starts on the torso and will go away pretty quickly. So even if she doesn't have symptoms now, she may have had mild symptoms prior to the rash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Maybe heat rash? or have you changed laundry soap or bath soap recently? If she starts getting it in other areas it could even be fifths diesease although its usually younger children that get it...
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009