pelvic exam, kind of a weird question lol

I am getting a pelvic examination Wednesday and I don't know why but I got really paranoid about something...

Well my mom usually goes with me to my appointments (I'm 36 weeks preggo and DF has to work) and DF and I have been having sex a lot lately...lol my question is, will the doc be able to tell if I had sex the day of my examination? Will they say anything? I don't want it to be awkward...It's not like my mom stands there and stares at my down under but she is at least in the room and I'd be horrified if they were to say something! thats just something mom doesn't need to know lol is it even okay to have sex the same day of an exam?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, they don't say stuff like that.
    They only mention if there's an abnormality they found in the your exam. No worries. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i dont think they will say anything lmao i use to be worried about that too. im not even sure if they can tell. i have had sex the day before an exam and never had anything said to me. besides-thats how you got pregnant! :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Considering you're already pregnant, I think your mom knows you're having sex :)

No, they won't say anything.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OP here - LOL I know she knows I'm having sex, but I just don't think she needs to know if I have sex that particular day! Just gives me the creeps haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I really wouldn't have sex that day. At your 36 weeks appt they are probably doing a group b strep test. They really don't exam you like a normal exam they really just kinda stick a long q tip like thing in there. THAT TEST IS SO IMPORTANT!!!!!!! If it comes back postive you need to have antibotics while in labor. If not it can cause major problems. When group b strep passes from mother to baby it could cause meningitis, sepsis, or pnuemonia. I just wouldn't want anything extra laying around in there that could give a false negative..... Good luck!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my doc always told me not to have sex 5 days before a pap smear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• They wont say anything, but they can tell and they are going to be looking for things that could be interfered with if the view isnt clear, or the fluid isnt what it should be....so, if you can, just for this one, avoid it :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why have the exam??

If you are worried about Preterm Labor then they could check, she can leave the room.

Also you can use condoms, he can pull out... They might be able to tell, but won't care. Might not say anything, but you never know.

I think that avoiding the unnecessary intervention is something to consider~ it will give information that isn't helpful anyway. :-/
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009