Is this a good sign?

My son is always moving during the day(I'm 23 weeks pregnant), pretty much never stops!! He only moves at one time during the night and that is 1 am. I was told that there sleep schedule in the womb is about the same as it will be when they are out of the womb...is this true? And is this a good sign for how well he will sleep when he is born?
My DD only woke up 2 times a night til 6 weeks, and then she slept all the way through the night if that makes a difference at all?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 9:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's true that babies develop sleep patterns. They're getting used to sleeping for prolonged periods.
    They're not like cats and dogs where they just snooze at the drop of a hat... which makes me so jealous during my insomniac nights.
    I'm not sure if this is a hint towards his sleep pattern - my son moved a LOT during the night, and slept during the day... and when he was born, he was opposite... lol
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i never noticed a lot of movement at night either. but my son woke frequently until he was over 18 months. he always went back to sleep pretty fast afterwards after i breastfed him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• omgosh if thats true. Im never going to sleep!
    she'll sleep in the day and at night its her party time
    =(
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my dd never slept at night when I was pregnant. Now she sleeps all night, and has since she was 1 week old. I think the sleep pattern shifts somewhat when they are born, but you never know, I hope you are as lucky as I am.
    reava

Answer by reava at 9:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009