What should I do?

My "1yr old" daughter likes to take her diaper off when she is in her crib..even if I put shorts on her...So should I try to put pull ups on her or what??

and why does kids do this?? does it mean it's getting close for her to potty train...or what

Please help because I'm getting sick n tired of washing her sheets 24/7

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol. I remember those days! And I don't miss that part one bit. Didn't really do much. Just made sure the diapers were changed often.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would try and potty train her, it seems like she is not wonting to wear her diper anymore
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My SIL used to do this when she was a baby - she could undress herself and take off her diaper. Her mom would safety pin her zipper shut on her footie PJs. I have also hear of parents duck taping the diaper on. Also putting the diaper on backwards. The pullups that I have used *huggies and pampers) had Velcro sides. It was easier to pull off than a diaper. Good luck.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Make sure she is really ready do potty training before you try. If she is not you are only going to make your problem worse. She should show an interest in using the toliet - want to watch you, want to sit on the toliet, want to flush. She should be asking to have her diaper changed (or taking it off) when she is wet or dirty. She should have longer period of being dry. There are probably other things too. If you start to early it will take longer to train her and you might have to quit training and wait longer to start again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• When my oldest was about 18 months, she took off her diaper & painted her crib with feces. She just discovered something new. I wrapped the top of her diaper in duct tape so she couldn't get it off anymore.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It is fun being naked. Don't you enjoy it? Put her in backwards sleepers so she can't get her clothes off.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009