a gap???

my baby daughter is starting to get her top two teeth....they look like they are going to be spaced apart! i guess its not a big deal, but i didnt think baby teeth gapped....anyone know about this? is it wierd that i am concerned about it? no one in our family has a big gap....and her teeth are not in yet i could be mistaken

LadyDahl

Asked by LadyDahl at 9:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, baby teeth are gapped - the top part. It's actually a good thing, because it allows the other teeth room to grow and align with each other as she grows.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I said grow twice in one sentence... sad. But you get my drift! At least I hope so...

There's no concern. It's normal. It is her baby teeth after all - they fall out anyway. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• that makes sence, its not the worst think in the world if she needs braces someday....i would get her them anyway! but im glad to know it may be temperary until the other ones come in!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 9:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i didnt lose my first tooth till the last day of third grade, so she may have them a while!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 9:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Both of my kids have gaps in there two front teeth and nobody in my or my hubbys family have gaped teeth
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• All three of my kids' grew in with gaps and neither of them have gaps now. Don't worry, They'll probably get pushed together when her other teeth grow in.
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i know a toddler with a big gap in his 2 front teeth. it's cute! and nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Normal, chill out. =P
    jewelxkitty

Answer by jewelxkitty at 3:11 AM on Sep. 1, 2009