my son will be 7 months on the 14th.........

he will be 7 months on sept 14th he cant sit up for a few seconds let alone all by him self i herd that if not by 9 months then its time to worry???.....worry about what? he wont be able to sit is there someting wrong with him??? what age did ur child sit all alone??

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 9:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter started sitting at 5 months, but my som was 8 months, it just depends on the kid. dont worry im sure hes fine! plus you said that he can sit for a few seconds....hes trying his best!!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 9:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• what you heard is a crock, my first child didnt start sitting untill 9 months and he is perfectly fine, and my second son is 10 months and he just and I mean just barley started to sit on his own, people just go by what there kids do or there Dr.s opinion, but the reality all babies grow diffrentley, I wouldn't worry about it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my son was 6 months, every baby is different! Dont worry!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• If a child isn't meeting developmental milestones then it is called developmental delays. It is known that if a child gets help as soon as possible that child stand the best chance at catching up and doing the best they are able to do.

If you son doesn't sit up and isn't doing other things his doctor may want him evaluated. If he is found to have delays he may need physical, occupational, or speech therapy. In most states these services are free until the child is 3 and may be done in your home if you so desire, saving you and your child from having to go to appointments.

I had a son with developmental delays and early intervention really helped.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009