I want to do a short detox...

Anyone done one? And how do I do it? I just my baby and want to start eating healthy...I think doing a detox will kickstart my healthy eating.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• a 9 day isagenix program would be great for you
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• One time for about a week I would squeeze a wedge or two of lemon in my hot water and drink one cup a day.Towards the end of the week I noticed green poop coming out,later I found out that was good but it scared me so I stopped.I ate like I normally would I would just have a cup of this everyday, I did feel cleaner and more alive.To me this was the easiest detox I have ever done haven't tried others but if I were I would eat raw vegetable juices,like get a juicer or eat them raw for a week and eat nothing else,fasting is good for you,just drink water.Sitting in a hot tub or saunna good too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i did a detox or a cleanse where for two days you eat twice a day, only fruit, but as much fruit as you want at those two sittings. after those two days, you only drink water, natural orange juice, or any kind of all natural juices for as long you can do that for, i did it for 4 days, and then you do another two days of the just fruit. i lost ten pounds that week or so.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Just start living a healthy life! Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2009