Pro-life, pro-choice, pro-welfare?

If you are pro-life, do you support welfare and other systems that help raise those unwanted babies that are born?

If you are pro-choice, same question, why not:)

Again, not a pro-life or pro-choice debate, just some insights your views linked to the subject.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am Pro Life and Pro Personal Responsiblity. People shouldn't be engaging in the behavior that makes babies unless they are prepared to support them. You can't accidentally get pregnant! If you are having sex it is a possiblity. Bottom line, keep your pants up until you are able to support a family.

What if there was no welfare? What do you think people would do? A vast number of them would figure out how to support themselves.

Welfare programs are for people that truly need help. They aren't meant to be used as a means to raise families.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Pro-life and I 110% support public assistance programs as long as they're not being abused. :)

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm pro-choice and pro-personal responsibility. I think help should be there for the people that really need it not for people to live on.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm pro-life, but I believe that it doesn't end at birth. Adoption needs to be way easier, and we need to be able to take care of these children once they are born. No more abandoned newborns! Expand daycare, Headstart, and early education programs. Also, prenatal vitamins and pregnancy health programs are needed.
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 9:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am pro-choice and I would prefer to see Government production/development/policing/war fighting de-privatized. Then we can have work programs instead of welfare. Teach people skills and give them purpose. It would save money if we made screws for a few cents each instead of paying a few dollars each.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 9:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Pro-life and like Bexi support public assistance programs as long as they're not being abused.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Pro-life and pro-welfare that provides much more that what women and children get today.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Damn! Proud to be quoted!!! (kidding)

I do not support abject welfare, but I am extremely pro choice and pro birth control which to me would institute a sound decision about the money that you have or don't have before you choose to have a child.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• do not support abject welfare, but I am extremely pro choice and pro birth control which to me would institute a sound decision about the money that you have or don't have before you choose to have a child.

I agree with this statement.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I will always be pro-choice. I will always be pro-welfare.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009