Teeth Grinding.

I've noticed when my 1 yr. wakes up in the middle of the night, he grinds his teeth insanely? Should I be concerned?

Blueberryplz

Asked by Blueberryplz at 9:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 year old has been grinding her teeth since they've come in. I took her to the dentist at age one to see if there was anything to do about it. She said she would grow out of it. Every 6 months, at her appointment, I ask again and she tells me the same thing. I'm definately ready for her to grow out of it. I don't think there is any concern until they have their permanent teeth.
    Runner-Momof2

Answer by Runner-Momof2 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my 10 month old does the same thing, ever since he got his top and bottom teeth he grinds them, my four year old did the same thing when he was a baby.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• oooh thats not too good ouch try to give him something to teeth on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My daughter just turned one a few weeks ago and she's been doing it since she was about 6 months old. We talked to her doctor about it and he said that it's something new that she's learned how to do and she'll do it until she finds something else new that she likes to do. It's been 6 months and she still does it every now and then. I try to keep teethers in her mouth so maybe she won't do it as often. The sound of it is horrible!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009