what would you do if your 14 yr old daughter wanted her nose pierced?

She's a great kid, good student, in theater, sings, never really asks for things. I'm left confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• my mom brought me to get my belly button pierced when i was 13 and then my tounge when i was 15, my eyebrow when i was 16, i got my industrail when i was 18 and now i have my lip and my septum. i took my eyebrow out though. anyway, i think you should let her get it done. its a really important part of life to be able to express yourself. people keep writing to tell her to get it when shes grown, but when you get older you have to be more proffessional looking when you want to get a job. whats the big deal anyway? its like earrings, just one in your nose. if she likes it, you should let her. its not bad for her and theres nothing wrong with it. let her have fun, and be a kid while she can but at the same time, let her make a desicion about her body on her own since you say she seems to make all the other right decisions in life. one think ive always loved about my mom is that she let me be myself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• no... not till your 18 till then its my body lol
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would say NO. We have a 13 yr old, he's an awesome boy, good grades, great attitude, very respectful, wants a tattoo, but tough! He can when he can pay for it at 18.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would tell her she can get it done when she is grown.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with peytonjj27 but if you do decide to get it pierced make sure she is allowed to wear piercings in her school, someone posted the other day that her daughters school made her daughter go home until he pulls out the piercing.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I pierced my own nose when I was 13. It's not that big of a deal. She's not asking for a tatoo or her tounge or nipples pierced or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'd tell her no.

There should be some little fake diamonds or other fake jewels that she can attach to her nose with a cosmetic glue (a temporary glue) if she likes. But as was suggested above, her school may not allow such things.

Answer by Bmat at 10:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I got mine done at 13. Its not a big deal.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 10:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Let her pierce it! My god! I had mine done at 13 n at 15 had my tongue pierced n got my first tattoo so I'm all for it.
    Crushersmommy

Answer by Crushersmommy at 10:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i am in between on this one. if it was my daughter i think i would say no, but like someone else said its just a hole, its not perm..if she grows up and doesnt like it she can take it out. i think if she is serious about it i would tell her to do certain things like chores and earn the money to get it done, and ask her if she can wait a year or so, tell her maybe she can get it for her birthday, and if she doesnt mention it again then i would take that as a sign of she doesnt want it anymore. i dunno there is a lot of different ways you could look at it. but i think if it was my daughter i would ask her to wait a year and ask later. and then i would start discussing it more if she brings it up. like i would state some rules. she has to pay for it with her own money, she has to take care of it and at the first sign of infection, to save on doc bills she has to take it out, no hoops, just small gems. stuff like that.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009