Book Recomendations

My daughter (7 years old) is an avid reader. She tends to gravitate toward book series such as Junie B. Jone, Ready Freddy, The Magic Tree House. She has read all of the afore mentioned 2-3 time each and in all honestly are a little easy for her reading level. So we're looking for something new that will keep her interest for a little while. Does anyone have a recomendation for this age?

Tamaran_Keeley

Asked by Tamaran_Keeley at 10:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Old classic series' like The Great Brain, Beverly Cleary, The Babysitters Club.....American Girl books are popular with little girls around that age right now, too.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The Baby Sitters Club Little Sister series will transition her into tweendom. Me and My Little Brain By F. Scott Fitzgerald along with the rest of the series, A wrinlke in Time and The Chronicles of Narnia are all EXCELLENT
    SugarBE

Answer by SugarBE at 10:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• where the wild things are, and the giving tree, Dr suess is good to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ANYTHING by Beverly Clearly...the Ramona books, Henry and Ribsy books, etc....

She might like the "Fudge" books by Judy Blume, starting with "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing"

"Charlotte's Web"

"The Enormous Egg" (One of my favorites)

"Hank the Cowdog" series (hilarious)
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The Kids of Polk Street School Series (Patricia Reilly Giff)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter likes "The Boxcar Children", "Marley and Me" (John Grogan wrote a chapter book for younger children) and she is also interested in "The Warriors" series about cats.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• "Harry Cat's Pet Puppy", "Bunnicula", "A Cricket In Times Square", and "Howliday Inn" are also some fabulous titles, I even read them when I was younger and passed them on to my daughter and she loves them. She is also 7. :-) GL...hope you find some more great reads for her!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I loved the Laura Ingalls Wilder books at that age.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I 2nd the Little House series - I started them when I was that age and loved them! I have my old set and got my daughter a boxed set when she was 7 and she likes them too. Also, when I was that age my favorite book was The Secret Garden. It's a harder book, but so good!

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter (8) loves all the ones you listed and is also a big fan of the Babysitters Club Little Sisters series that SugarBE mentioned. She also reads the Bailey School Kids books.

I loved Beverly Cleary when I was a kid. I checked one of the "Ramona" books by her out from the library for my daughter and she couldn't really get into. I think we'll try again in 6-12 months.

If you daughter likes a little mystery too (a la Scooby Doo), she might enjoy the Cam Jansen series.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009