Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Problems at work!

I work at Papa Jonh's Pizza... have for a while. I love my job. I do everything from delivering pizzas to managing. I told my boss that I have back problems and that the baby is making these problems worse. I told him that sitting hurts. I love to stand. I can stand all day and not be in pain. I asked to be taken off of driver shifts. What did he do? He cut my hours and put me delivering 3 days a week and that's it. BTW... that's the part of the job that involves sitting! Not to mention, delivery driving is one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs. He said that he was doing it for my health. His wife had to go on bed rest at 6 months and had back issues so he thinks that all pregnant women will have those same issues. Basically, he was telling me that in 2 months (when I'm 6 months) I won't have a job.

HELP! What can I do?


Asked by GennyTurner at 10:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • put it in writing. write him a letter explaining your particular situation. leave personal stories (about his wife) out of it. Make sure in your letter that you let him know that you like your job and that you feel it is unfair that your hours were cut because you are pregnant. Make sure he knows you are capable of preforming all aspects of the job (including driving) and that your original request was to do less driving purely for comfort reasons. Let him know that you have no medical restrictions (unless you do). Ask for a response in writing.

    Document what was said and when so you can back up your story if you need too. If he does not relent, seek professional help. This is unlikely to end in a lawsuit. The guy probably just needs to learn what the law is and that he can be held accountable for his actions.

    Good Luck!


    Answer by Drewlove at 10:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • Get terminated and get unemployment.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • Contact his superiors. There has to be a district manager. If that doesn't work then file a law suit. You can open your own Papa Johns with the money you win in your discrimination law suit and then he can come work for you!

    Answer by SugarBE at 10:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009