Has flu season begun in your area already?

It seems like flu season has begun early this year where I live. I've heard of and know so many ppl who have the flu or have had the flu already. A friend of mine knew a guy who died from N1H1 complications at the end of July.
Plus, appearantly in the entire school system where my son goes, strep throat and upper respiratory infection w/ bronchitis is running rampant.
I don't usually freak out or get paranoid about flu season but the fact that soooo many ppl around here are getting so sick so early in the season really bothers me.

rachel92782

Asked by rachel92782 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• the washing of your hands battlecry is moot here.
    we had 190 kids out sick on friday just at the highschool and 220 yesterday. nearly 1/3 of our primary schoolers are out sick also. so much for our school being a pilot school for swine flu prevention-nothing they did worked.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yep!
    My DH and I just got over it last week. Thankfully, our DS didn't get it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i am so scared about the flus and swine flus going around. ive never been so paranoid until now that i have a 3 month old son. im still in college too and i saw on the news that they are expecting the swine flu to go all through the colleges. im freaking out. ive been having nightmares about it and everything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Me and DH already had the flu our 3 kids didnt get it yet thank God. My mom works at a Pediatric Dr office and she said everybody is coming in with the flu. They havent even gotten in the vaccines yet for flu season.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• treynlisa, the fact that vaccines aren't even available (reguardless of ones choice to vax or not) is something that scares me a lot. It's like, NOBODY is prepared for what this flu season is going to be like because it has hit so hard and so early. I really am worried about what things are going to be like, say... come November??? when flu season is "supposed to start."
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Wash your hands
    Eat healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, cut way back on (or eliminate) animal products)
    Wash your hands
    Take echineacea (three weeks on, one week off)
    Wash your hands
    Drink lots of water
    Wash your hands

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• So many here have it Rachel. Alot at church. At Sarah's school one boy is out right now being sick but not sure if it is the flu so far at her preeschool things have gone good but everywhere else it has been really bad.
    nah25

Answer by nah25 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• After I posted this on Monday, I found out that my younger brother tested pos for flu yesterday. (not any specific strain but flu nonetheless.) Then, today his gf tested pos for it too. Ugh. So, since we were with my bro a few minutes on Sun. and a few minutes yesterday before he went to the dr, I'm just waiting to see what happens.
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009