has anyone tried......

the acai berry weight loss pills?! If so, do they really work, and do they make yo feel jittery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well... they're expensive.

The weight loss game, I think, was best expressed by George Clooney, after gaining 40 pounds for a part, then shedding it again. When he was asked how, he replied that he'd found a revolutionary new program, guaranteed to succeed: eat less and do more.

If there is an appetite suppressant, it's either caffeine (which you can get for the price of a cup of coffee ;P) or dangerous or illegal --or all 3.

Eat food, mostly fresh, in smaller portions. Getting up off the couch (away from the keyboard) for something as simple as a 15 minute walk three or four times a day... and soon you'll have more energy, more oxygen to your brain and more interest in adding other healthy lifestyle activities...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have used them before they did not work all that well for me about dieting I did just use the Acai Detox and that really did work great for me.
    patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 3:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Theres a group here on Cafemom called " Daily Nutritional Tips" you should check out. Not only are there tips, there are forums with a weight loss challenge, exercise plans/programs, & diet plans/programs.

What do you have to lose? There is LOTS of information there!

Good Luck!
    Anne518

Answer by Anne518 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2009