Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on a ? I had last night

So my DD came home from her visitation with my ex last night and today I am not liking what I hear. She said that my ex mil took her to her house which is 4 hours away and she got left there with a crackhead girl who doesnt have custody of her own two kids so that ex mil could go to church. My ex who has the visitation didnt go with them. Tonight DD tells me that ex mil asked her if I do drugs!!! She told her if she could get me in trouble somehow she could come live with her forever. My DD said she would talk to me about it. Ex mil told her not to that I would be mad. What do I do now? How do I get rights away from these idiots. My ex is the one doing drugs and not doing anything for DD.

Answer Question

Asked by treynlisa at 10:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 20 (9,618 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • do you have a caseworker through CPS? that would be a good first step to take. I would also recommend a lawyer.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • Write down everything. Keep a record of dates, things said etc. And like the PP said , get an attorney.
    If there are drugs involved then I would report all of them. They will be investigated and then hopefully your DD won't have to go back there.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • Go to your local department of human services office, ask them for the number for legal aid. Talk to someone about your situation.

    Answer by mumma28 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

  • You need to get full custody, quick!! For one, your husband is supposed to be having visitation, not sending your daughter off to his mom's. Especially not to, in turn, be handed off to a sitter, who doesn't even have custody of her OWN kids! That's a HUGE red flag to me! They're endangering your child! Do not by any means let her go back!

    Answer by srhmldndo at 12:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • The only problem with not letting her go back is that in March his mom got him to take me back to court about visitation so she could see her and the judge told me if I dont send her I get 30 days in jail. He hadnt seen her in 4 years because he hadnt asked to see her but the judge did not see things my way at all. He kept saying he is her father and he needs to see her. I was like he doesnt care about seeing her he stays drunk and high all the time. I am going to have to get legal help to stop these visits.

    Answer by treynlisa at 12:30 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Honey, do your thing. Follow him next time he takes her....and don't forget your camera. Or have someone else do it. Unless you can afford a P.I.. Do your homework before going to court.

    Answer by busymom1107 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.