How Did You Come Up With Your Child's Name?

I'm just curious how you came up with it?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Riley - my DH's first duty station and where we first met.
    Michael - DH's middle name.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Family names.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• A girl in a porn had it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i named my son after his father. i want to name my daughter hallie. its just a name ive always liked, not sure where i first heard it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I got mine from 2 boy band members!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I liked the name Kiara but then met a lady who had the name and I didn't like her. I still wanted a K name and didn't like the name Kyli (a girl I grew up with picked on me all the time and that was her name) and somehow Kyla popped into my head. My husband liked the name Neveah but I wasn't so into it... it was pretty, but not for us I thought. So I said a few names that Kyla was the one he liked the most!

Funny, my dd has a friend named Kyli who constantly picks on her!!! We don't hang out together anymore.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Blake we just loved the name and then to find it means pale blonde one.... LMAO.... couldn't be more accurate there. Middle name was going to be Randen, my dad, But my grandpa died shortly after my baby shower so we switched it to William, after him. So Blake William. And of course there's a VERY famous poet and writer named William Blake. I got a lovely pregnancy planner from my husband as a gift... and when I got to the page where you put the name chosen and some brief family tree info.... there was a lovely quote right below the blank space from, who else.... William Blake.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 11pm Anon - hanson????
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Wow, hibbingmom - that is a really neat story!! I enjoyed reading that one. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my daughter Molly was a mess. With our son Blake the name thing took 5 minutes and then BOOM we were attached and madly in love with the name. Our girl........ not so much. We knew what we wanted.... classy, classic, elegant, fun, not TOO fun, not a freak name but not crazy trendy either. we had several that we loved a LOT and were ready to choose any one of....
    Claire
    Paige
    Abigail
    in fact in my Valentines card from that yr (so 2/14 and I delivered 5/30) my husband signed it from him Blake and Abigail cuz we were very firm on it "that day", lol. we thought "Blake and Abbie" sounded terrific. then we stumbled upon Molly by chance and liked it.... but considered Holly and briefly Polly (which i now HATE) And my husbands grandpa's name is Victor... and since we used my grandpa's name with our 1st name, we went Molly Victoria.

continued.............
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009