HOW DO I MAKE HER TUMMY FEEL BETTER???????

I THINK MY 1 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER IS CONSTIPATED SHE HAS NOT POOPED ALL DAY AND SHE WILL NOT STOP CRYING... WHAT SHOULD I TRY

momma2beat21

Asked by momma2beat21 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Extra fluids, more nursing sessions or formula and I would call a doctor because you can not give her any laxative type drugs. If she is nursing, it is completely common and normal for a breastfed baby to go up to ten days without a BM. If it's gas, try Mylicon drops, either way I would call a doc. Warm bath, or baby massage might relax her. Good luck mama!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Id say mix some watered down prune juice and see what happens
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• when my son was 6 weeks he was constipated and the doctor said to give him a little prune juice, so i got the gerber apple & prune juice and gave him a little and it worked. have you given her a warm bath? because that helps too. try putting her in a swing too. if its gas, you can try mylicon drops but ask your dr about that first.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• you should also call a doctor for some advice too...
    Anonymous

• If you want somehting that is instant and Doctor recommended to work..... do the following. get a q tip and get some vasoline (petrolium jelly) put the vasoline on the tip of the q tip and then stick the end of the q tip just inside the butt hole and twirl it around. this stimulates the area and will get them to poop. My daughter had bad constipation at 3 weeks and that is what they told us to do plus they said it wouldn't hurt her to do that anytime we thought she was constipated. Hope this helps.
    Ashley.herzing

Answer by Ashley.herzing at 11:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Uhm... well, if you're nursing this is normal. Breastmilk is so well-absorbed by baby that it leaves almost no waste. After about 6 weeks totally breastfed babies can poop as seldom as once a week and be perfectly healthy. You know your baby is constipated when they strain and grunt and the poop that comes out is small and hard.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Not pooping for a day does not mean she is constipated. If a one month old cries all day, that's a good reason to call your pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009