why are people so quick to get divorced ?

i mean you once loved this person so why not take a minute step back and look truly look at that person see the same thing you saw the day you said i do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I suspect it's because circumstances change, you grow and change and often people don't grow together and often they married the wrong person in the first place.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Things change, people change, and sometimes they just cant handle it. Or, you get men like my moms ex-husband who, one they were married, became physically abusive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I really think because people dont value marriage anymore..they think its more of a game then anything else....if he looks at her funny she is running to a lawyer to file paperwork...people never seem to think about the future..they only think about rite now...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think you are being judgmental. How do you know they have not tried to make it work? Maybe you should concentrate on your own life and leave the decision of others to others regarding their own life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Who knows. I decided when I got married that it would til death do us part. In the five years me and hubby have been married, he has been to Iraq and back. He came home with PTSD and denied it so he could still in the military so, he didn't get counseling. We worked through that ourselves. We have 5 children. We have been wealthy and we have been broke, we have had screaming matches and now he is in Afghanistan. Who knows what will happen when he comes home but, I will be picking up the peices I am sure because he has no intentions on getting out of the military.

I think couples decide early in their marriage that if ANYTHING goes wrong they will just get a divorce, instead of trying other avenues first. I could never imagine telling my kids they could only see their dad at scheduled times, they would be devastated. I love my husband unconditionally and will always love him no matter what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009