Pregnant in a hot tub?

I am six months pregnant can i go in a hot tub at all or do i have to keep the bellyz out?

Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's definitely not recommended.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You call call your OB, but I don't think it is recommended.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes you can go in a hot tub only for a bout 10 minutes though anything more than that is probly not to good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My ob said because it was my own hot tub and I could set the temp to not go over 100 then go for it but limit my time to only about 10 min.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was told I can stick my legs in, but no just hanging out in the hot tub til after baby arrives.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It's all about getting overheated. We might not realize when we've gotten to that point. We sweat, or we might like it... But the fetus is sensitive and can not sweat-- overheating is very dangerous to the baby. :-(

You could try it for a couple of minutes, by my opinion is to simply avoid it.

(*IF the tub isn't heated up too high then it's not such a biggie.)

Hot Tubs during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• NOOOOOOOO its like boiling an egg. Maybe if you keep the temp at like 80% but why take that chance. My girlfriend actually cooked her baby in a tanning bed after her doctor told her it was ok as long as it doesn't get too hot in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my sil and I (both preggie) go in my moms hot tub all the time. She keeps it at 85-90 degrees for us. doc says that is just fine.
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 12:15 AM on Sep. 1, 2009