Does your child Flap their hands when excited???

My daughter is 5, and just started KDG. Her teacher on the 2nd day of school told me that she was concerned of my daughter because she was flapping her hands and was not following directions in class or participating in activities. My daughter is bright and will listen to us at home, but doesnt seem to want to outside the house...I have noticed the hand flapping thing since she was about 10 months old and the doctors never said it was anything, the thought of Autism crossed my mind, but she doesnt fall into all the symptoms...Any thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I asked this question hoping to get some answers...I got nothing but a woman with a thorn up her ass...thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No. My children do not flap their hands.
    Your child may have PPD-NOS, or Aspbeger's. Just because she doesnt have all the symptoms does not mean she is not on the spectrum. My younger brother has always been really very bright. But he has autism. Having Autism does not mean that you are not intelligent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No shit it doesnt...you dont have to have a thorn up your ass...Thanks for nothing. Did I say anything about them not being intelligent...your not using YOUR head now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009