Am I worried about something stupid??

I am starting to get a feeling that these last few weeks until baby arrives will be the last of having friends for me. It was hard enough when I got married last year since I was young & most of my friends still wanted to just party & have fun. Well, now I'm having the feeling that those last few strings I've been trying to hold on to are going to be cut since I am one of the only one of my friends to have a baby. Now we'll have just about nothing in common, & I wont be able to just go out with them like I used to since baby comes first. Is this a stupid worry for me to be having? I feel like there should be bigger concerns for me in my 3rd trimester, so why is it THIS worry keeps popping into my head? Also, what should I do to feel less...I guess of an outsider for lack of a better way to put it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• These people have been important to you, it makes sense!!
    It is a part of who you are/have been.

BUT as you change~ become a Mother, your needs change, too.
    Those who appreciate Motherhood might become closer friends. Those who don't get it may become less important to stay friends with.
    You can find ways to get out and hang with those friends, have a sitter, eventually. ;-)

From my experience, as a mom of 7 years now, a former partier, those old friends and those things we did eventually become old news. I am growing in my OWN direction. Many of us figure out The Big Picture as we mature. And it's pretty nice to see that it's okay to adjust our priorities...

AND you will find other mamas like yourself, looking to make new friends and be new mommies among others. ~This does not have to be a lonely venture.
    AND some of these friends will have their own babies someday, too. And you'll have all the answers for them. lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry, but these don't sound like real friends to me.
    How does a baby or marriage truly change your personality? Does it mean that when these two things occur, your interests change? Or they just broaden?

Yes, I had that problem too. I got married young, had a baby young. a lot of my "friends" disappeared, but they always had a common factor. They just liked drinking, partying, and one night stands. They weren't interested in anything else.
    To me.. that's just not a friend.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You just need to make some new friends, see if there is a Mommy group in your area. Have time for your old friends, but don't shut yourself in just because you have a baby and your friends want to party.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 11:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• if the friends you have now don't stick around after baby, they weren't good friends in the first place. i know it's hard to have so many things changing, but look at it as an opportunity to find some more friends that you have more in common with now. it can be a chance for you to grow as a person.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2009