How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant? And how old were you?

I am 22 years old and just found out today... I am in total shock!

NikkiNehring

Asked by NikkiNehring at 11:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 18. I had only been married three months (got married one week after I turned 18), I was in college, I didn't want kids. I was in shock. I had been using the pill, after all. I just couldn't believe it. I went from shocked, to angry, to happy, to sad, to depressed, to uncertain, to suicidal (I'm bipolar), to like 10,000 different emotions within the first week or two. I thought I miscarried at the end of my first trimester because I had bleeding and all my pregnancy symptoms vanished overnight (yes, literally overnight). I found out I was still pregnant around 5 months. By 6, I was happy I was having her, but not about the circumstances I was having her under (I wanted a home birth, it's illegal in my state if it's assisted by anyone).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was 20 the first time and I was SCARED! I was 22 the second time and I was scared again. lol Turned out to be the best two things to ever happen to me and my hubby though! :) Congratulations.
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was 14 ...and i was scared. And i aborted, and then i felt horrible for committing murder (i am still pro-choice).
    Then i was 16, and i was much more confident but worried about my boyfriend at the time. And i kept it, but i miscarried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was 20 and COMPLETELY shell shocked.
    I was told by several doctors I couldn't get pregnant, and I hadn't had a period for YEARS. lol.

Imagine all the nurses and doctors as they stared at me when my response to their question "When was your last LMP?" was "I haven't the slightest.... November 2004...?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i was 19, and i wasnt too shocked, my then boyfriend now hubby and i didnt use protection and i wasnt on the pill or anything. but were happily married with a beautiful 2 year old. and we have been together for over 4 years but have known eachother double that. i would do it all over again, our little girl was the best thing to happen to the both of us and we love every minute of being parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i was 15 when i found out i pregnant, a big shocker.....but i got a job and paid for most of my bills, an bought all the things my baby wouldve needed.....that pregnancy ended in a still birth, ahe was perfect....once me and my hubby got married 4 months later i found out i was pregnant at 18 i was thrilled, second time i was 20 and i was thrilled....life is full of surprises...god and bad, but you take what youre dealt...
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i was 17 shocked, scared....for the first 5 minutes

then after I took a deep breath called my mom, then called my doctor, was seen right away because they thought I may have a tubal pregnancy.

after everything checkedout to be okay, i got happy...i have 10weeks left

my fiance was happy from the start...he was sooo excited
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was 24. We were trying for a long time with no luck. I literally gave up. I remember taking the test looking at it it was negative. So I washed my hands picked up the test to throw it away and just happened to look at it again and da da da daaaaaaaaa I was prego!!! I got this feeling that I can only describe as like a wave from my head to my toes. It was amazing I just sat there and cried because I was so happy!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009