positive induction stories?

I'm getting induced tomorrow bcuz of high blood pressure,

Positive stories would b great, I'm very scared bout the pain

Juhhmell

Asked by Juhhmell at 11:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced on my due date, had a little pain and they gave me an IV pain killer, then my epidural and I didn't feel a thing for the rest of the labor. The nurse had to tell me when to push, it was great.
    : ) Good luck, and congrats!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OMG, I had the exact situation (common, I guess). It's NO PROBLEM! It was a total piece of cake, don't even worry about it. You'll get your epidural on time, no guessing about contractions or "when it's time" or your water breaking and ruining furniture or whatever : )
    Anesthesiologist will come in, roll you over, give you a local anesthetic and then the pit drip. You'll feel pressure in your back when they get the needle in and that should be all. When it's time to push, your doc will tell you and then you'll feel tons of pressure (like a huge bm) and then VOILA! You'll have a baby. It'll be great!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I dont have any "normal" birth to compare it to, but I honestly didn't think it was all that bad, and I am a huge baby when it comes to pain. I was induced at 7am and had him by 12:30. Once I started pushing he was out in 10minutes. I had a very positive experience. If natural labor pains are not as bad as induced, then I will be very pleasantly surprised, I am not going to say it wasnt at all painful, but It was really so much better than I had expected. You will do great! Congrats on the new baby
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• BTW, both my kids were induced, both times, it was flawless!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have 3 and got induced with the last 2 and wouldn't have it any other way. It was such a breeze and I had the best experience. I went in with Ashton at 9 am and had him by 4:14 pm. They broke my water at noon and then I was ready to push by 3:45 pm. With our last Ava, I arrived at 12 pm and they broke my water at 4 pm and had her by 9:20 pm. I left the next day before lunch time. Once they break my water I go pretty fast. So I hope it's the same for you. I wish you all the blessings in the world;)

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to add that I had minimal pain. They started my Pitocin and once they broke my water the contractions started and were a bit uncomfortable but not horrible so they gave me my epidural, which was heaven sent and then I was good to go. But they gave it to me a little late and I couldn't feel when I needed to push so the Nurse had to watch for when I was having contractions. So don't let them get behind.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my water half broke and I went to the hospital. I had the strep thing so they wanted me in ASAP. They started me in pitocin and antibiotics because I wasn't contracting. I went to sleep for a couple of hours, then they woke me up and broke my water the rest of the way(it broke up top at first) then I got the epidural and went back to sleep. They woke me up and said it's time to push, 20 mins later I was holding my baby boy.

My sister was induced at 8am and had her baby by 5pm, she also had an epidural and no problems.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My Pitocin induction was my easiest birth. No pain meds at all. I was hooked up to an iv at 10am and had no pain contractions until 2:12PM when my midwife broke my water. My baby was born 61 minutes later after only five pushes.
    Don't worry, you will be holding your little one soon.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have not only a positive induction story (I was induced for the same reason), but I also did it without painkillers.

I asked to have the cervical prostaglandins placed. They were't going to, but I knew my Bishop's score was on the low end and so I wanted to have them to ripen my cervix. They had to wait 4 hours after that to start the pit, but I was already on my way into labor when they did. I had to lay on my left side the whole time because of my B/P, and my baby didn't tolerate labor quite as well as we would have liked. They turned up my pit SO many times! It started to get really intense and I asked for the IV narcotics, but my nurse had read my birth plan and knew it was important to me to do it without them, so she talked me out of them until I couldn't talk any more, even between contractions. Just when I thought I couldn't do it any more I started second stage and it didn't hurt any more. CONT
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I got induced with my son the day after his due date. I was in labor for 15 hrs, and it resulted in a c-section. Dont let all the possible options scare you. My c-section got me out of a week of diaper duty lol. Just keep in mind things dont always go perfect. Even though that wasnt "the plan" its still a positive thing. No matter what happens tomorrow you will be holding your beautiful baby! Congrats!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009