Iud and pregnant?

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting pregnant while having an iud?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 11:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's rare but possible. I concieved with an IUD in place back in Feb. I KNEW I was pregnant even though all the odds were against it. The removal went ok and it was not ectopic and I am 30 weeks pregnant with a healthy very active baby boy.

Was the dr's office test blood or urine?
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:23 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes you can
    and if you suspect a pregnancy you should notify your dr/midwife/etc as soon as possible
    even if you just think you might be
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My BIL is an IUD baby. It happens. It's scary, though, because ectopic pregnancies are common among women who concieve on an IUD, and the device must be removed to continue the pregnancy and there is a good chance of miscarriage. If you think you're pregnant then you need to see your doctor right away.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• well i had a negative when they tested me at the ob office.. but i had 3 false negatives with my first..

And i've been feeling kicks but some people says thats normal .. but i've been having cravings and i've been exercising so much since my first was born and i started loosing weight and then i gained a couple lbs and i'm just stuck at this weight...

Idk what to do i feel like i'm crazy and i'm worried either way because i don't know what can happen if i am pregnant and have the iud still in..

I'm trying to sort it out i just don't know how worried i should be. .every time i feel a kick i feel insane.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my mother in laws friend concieved with the iud in and when she delivered the baby the could see the iud implanted in the placenta.
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• trelimon i have also heard of the iuds implanted in the baby. :(
    or the baby having indentation marks from the iud
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i just don't know if it could happen to me :(
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• It was urine, and i've taken another since then and it was negative..

Did you feel as crazy as i feel? like it can't be possible.. not to me.. i wasn't even suppose to have my first...

I'm getting a blood test done tomorrow and i don't know what to think.. if its negative too i'll have to check myself in because i feel so off i guess...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009