I have a slight flea problem, how many bombs should I use?

I have a small 1 br apartment, so it's livingroom/dining room combo and a bed room. Should I use 1 flea bomb for the whole place or one in BR and 1 in LR/DR?
Aprox dimensions are 12x20 and 8x10 for livingroom and diningroom, 12x18 for the bedroom. It doesn't say on the can how much area it covers, it just says to start it and leave for 2 hours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• tell your manager they will spray for fleas. I had the same problems the flea bombs are dangerous and dont work. have the guy come spray a couple times. good luck
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I just bombed yesterday... I would use one in each room. I had to use 5 to cover my whole 2 bed apt.
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You don't have to use bombs at all. They are dangerous for pets and humans especially children. You can get rid of fleas by first treating your pets with Frontline plus, and then vacuum your carpets, couches, and mattresses and around baseboards thoroughly. Toss the vacuum bag or empty the container outside and rinse it out. Put a flea coller inside your vacuum bag .Wash any linens that have been lying around in hot water. Then repeat the vacuuming process at least once a week for a month. It should take care of the fleas without having to use any pesticides.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Get rid of your animals.. or live next to neighbors without any.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I also heard that if you put a dish of Dawn dishwashing soap on the floor underneath a nightlight they are attracted to it and land in the dish.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Answered at 9:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 by: mumma28
    Get rid of your animals.. or live next to neighbors without any.

This makes no sense. You don't get rid of pets because they have fleas. Oh and the worse advice ever, she's supposed to snap her fingers and be in an apartment between two neighbors that don't have pets. What if she packs up and moves and does this and then her neighbor decides to get a pet? She's supposed to pack up and move again? Give realistic advice lady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• bombs sometimes dont work, go to the store and in the laundry aisle look for a box of stuff called borax (it has mules on the box) cover your base boards in it and behind your furniture. Let it set for 2 hours, sweep it up, throw your sweeper bag away, and do it all over again. fleas live in dark spaces not in the middle of the room, also make sure you do your furntiure jus tthe same. JUST make sure that you throw away your sweeper bags, or they will come back. Hope that helps!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• There's also a product in the pet store that's chrysanthemum based. It smells pretty decent and it's not toxic. It takes work. You have to sprinkle it on your carpets, work it in with a broom, then let it sit for a while. Then later you vacuum. I'm sorry I don't know the name, but I've always found it with the other flea remedies.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My husband works for a pest control company. The other people are right the stuff you buy in the store doesn't work all that well. Tell ur landlord.The stuff profes. use are not toxic and works much better. When he comes to spray, take ur dog and have him dipped for fleas-if you can. Get him a collar 2.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009