alimentum vs. nutramigen help!

Ok, so right now I'm feeding my 8 week old nutramigen. He's been really super fussy. It helped him at first but I don't know if he's just still getting used to it? The pediatrics nurse told me to give it a week to see how he really reacts to it but I almost think if he's this fussy I shouldn't. So she told me if that doesn't help then I can try the alimentum which is pretty much the same. But if it's pretty much the same then wouldn't he react the same? I don't know what else to do cause I've tried other sensitive formulas and they don't do squat for us. So, my question, do you think the alimentum would help him or not? Cause i'm just about out of options and I don't want to keep switching on him.

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 11:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why was he started on Nutramigen to start with?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:00 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think my question may sound fresh, so I just want to clarify it.
    Was he colicky? Refluxing?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sometimes babies have a hard time with one brand but not the other. My dd who is 9 days had a hard time with enfamil that they gave in the hospital but does great on the similac. My 18month old was on the alimentum, and we did that one because that is what her doctor recommended.

She was on it for a milk and soy protein allergy. The only advice I have is to try it. Give it a week to two weeks to see if it really is helping or not. I know when we switched my daughter to it from a soy formula, the difference was night and day, and was within the first feeding.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• his dr put him on it because he wasn't doing so well with other formulas. yeah he was/still is colicky. when we first started him on it he was doing great! but now not so much. he does have less gas which is part of the reason she put hin on it in the 1st place but he acts just like he did with all the other formulas we tried.
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 3:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm with Skye. My DD did fabulous on soy. Like a new baby. I'd give the Nutramigen a few more days.But is pretty much the same thing as the Alimentum. If he hasn't been on soy, ask if you can try that next. Good luck!
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 6:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009