Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trouble with the father? Part 2

well there are some things i didn't explain quite in to detail andfor those of you that read the first part will understand...when i left my sons father it was because he had a warrant out for his arrest and fines out the ying yang and when i came home after 9 hour days of work i'd find the father asleep STILL and nolan was laying in his bed crying soaking wet had not been changed or fed so i said enough was enough and hauled a$$ and he hasn't bothered til now what is a mother supposed to do? the father ended up in jail 5 times after i left and specifically told me he would NOT drive an hour just to see his son I'M THE ONE who has been there every second and I'M THE ONE who has taken him to riley to get him help with his eyes and I'M THE ONE who has watched this little boy slowly forget who his father is and never ONCE did i push that boy to call my bf daddy HE CHOSE! WHAT AM I DOING SO WRONG???

Answer Question

Asked by a_mommy_forever at 12:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • you are totally right, but correct your son when he calls your bf daddy, even though it is his choice, things may still not work out and then what??

    Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Legally, as long as he is the father, he is not harrassing you when it comes to seeing his child/ren. Who has custody? Does he have visitation? If there is no order, you need to get one, right away. You are a good mom, and you obviously want the best for your child, but you did choose to have a child with the man and he is entitled to know his child. And the child has the right to know his father. Yes, your boyfriend must have taken on the role, and that is honorable, but he does have a father. Start with the courts, if you haven't already. Everything from the past (not taking care of them, etc) can play a factor in how much visitation he gets or if it must be supervised. Good luck to you.

    Answer by Lov4nzyx2 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • If you view it as harassment call the police because LEGALLY unwanted contact is harassment even if he is the father and he is contacting you about visitations. Legally once you say do not call back it is HARASSMENT. He does not have the right to harass you period.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.