OPK's, regular control line but FAINT test line

Okay, I know (the pack says) if you see a faint test line that you have no LH surge, okay. My question IS does that mean ovulation is coming but not yet arrived (kind of like a building up to?) like will it get progressively darker? This has happened to me two days in a row now.

Aniyunwiya

Asked by Aniyunwiya at 12:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your LH levels can go up and down throughout your cycle. A faint test line, or even successively darker test lines over the course of a few days, does not necessarily mean ovulation is around the corner. I tried using OPK's at one point, in addition to charting CM and BBT, and my cycle was long that month, so I ran out of test sticks before I actually ovulated; I figured that since they were getting progressively darker I would ovulate in the next several days at least, but I ended up not ovulating for a couple of weeks after that. You'll notice the levels rising and falling best if you test every day starting when your period starts, not just when you think you'll be ovulating.

So short answer: No, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be ovulating soon; it could, but don't stop testing on that assumption.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• The kit that I used to use, if you got a faint line, that meant ovulation was coming around the corner. You would have to refer to the instructions, though, because I'm sure a lot of tests are different. With mine, whenever you saw a line, your hormones were building, and ovulation was normally in the next 2-3 days. The darker the line, the closer to ovulation.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i think it does mean that it is on its way but it could mean that u should try another bran of ovulation predictors...one time i bought a pack of the walmart bran and everytime i tested on one it was always negative and the i tried clearblue easy and i found out my ovulation date..;
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LH levels may be registering, but either is going to spike soon, or is coming back down after ovulation. If you're early in your cycle, you might try doing the test in the evening.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2009