Anyone else's male dog pee on their own front leg?

I have a miniature Beagle and he has kind of shortish legs - and whenever he pisses... some manages to get on his own leg!

What'd you do to ... help him out?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 12:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pets

• HAHA!! My dog is a lab/german shephard/chow mix and he does it ALL the time. It's just how he stands. There is nothing you can do about it. He will have to learn how to pee without getting it all over his leg. LOL
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:26 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Dammit! lol
    Yeah... he'll never learn though. He's 2 and a half now.
    I think it's because his legs are so short and he kind of... thrusts his hips forward when he pees. Lulz. What a pornstar.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Lol I've never had that problem with my dog, but he's tall and he lifts his leg as high as he possibly can; it's quite funny to watch, actually.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My dog doesn't lift his leg, he's tall too. He squats like a little girl! LOL.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My dog doesn't lift his leg (he was neutered before he learned how so he most likely never will...he's over a year old now). So he doesn't pee on his own leg, but he DOES step in his pee almost every time! lol
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes. I have 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks and they do it all the time. More grossly, but funny too, when they are peeing and see a squirrel they take off running and still peeing in the process, squirting all over their legs and paws. They never did it when they were younger but they are 5 yo now and at this age is when they start to have hip and joint problems from being large agile, pivot on a millisecond type of dogs.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have a boston terrier that learned to lift his leg, his front one! Living in Maine, pee cools off rather fast so he "pees like a racehorse" by stretching out his hind legs. Yet then he lifts the front foot and looks up as if to complete the prim Boston attitude of "that is not my pee" while he does the deed.
    DragonMom25

Answer by DragonMom25 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2009