• In the Spotlight:

Help, I've got baby fever! lol

I am a single mom of an 8 month old. I just recently started seeing a guy (in July) and am falling fast for him. He has told me how much he loves kids and can't wait to have his own, and now all I can think of is starting a family with him/having another baby. We are not yet sexually active, but things are getting serious. I'm just hoping we can both be strong enough to not even consider having children outside of marriage, as I know it is not a good idea and do not advocate it.
Does anyone have any suggestions for beating the "baby fever"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Think about what life would be like if you had a baby with him, and he left you. You'd be a single mom with 2 babies. If nothing else, that should be reason enough to keep you from wanting to get pregnant. Having a baby won't keep you together necessarily, trust me! Being a single mom of one is easier that being a single mom of 2, or 3, or more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• YES !!!!!!
    Look at his back - ground first ?
    Jail ? Prison ? How does he treat his mother ?
    Be-careful, these type of men----are good.
    Do not get in trouble..honey.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• He's got a good background, he just got out of the army and is currently helping his Dad out on their farm- very hard worker and respectful guy. Aside from that, I know his Aunt, she's a good friend of mine, so I know he's a good man : ) I just don't want to move too fast-- i learned that lesson the first time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When i get baby fever, i think of my DS & if i had another child, how hard it would be to spend one on one time with him & give all of my attention to him. I dont really want another child until he is around 4 or 5 just beacuse i want him to have my all & my everything for as long as i can...i dont want to have to divide my attention if you know what i mean. By no means am I bashing on mothers of children close in age, i just dont think thats right for me personally. =] hope i helped! Good luck in your new relationship!
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 12:52 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You're a single parent of basicallly a newborn baby. 8 months olds are still baby babies until early threes. Why on earth would you seriously consider having another baby now? There's more to sex than having babies and there's more to babies than having sex to make one and another. And there's more to a relationship than making babies.

Your baby needs to be that a baby. Enjoy the gift of life you have.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Get a puppy
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:14 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That is not true baby fever....true baby fever is when your baby is older then 3 to 4 years old and maybe even a pre teen. My kids are 22, 18, 16 and almost 5 yrs old I feel like I want one more every time I see a newborn.......
    I'm going through baby fever and I just have to remind myself that babies turn into KIDS...then TEENAGERS!!!! enjoy your baby for now and take it slow with the new guy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Come to my house for a day or two....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009