jarred babyfood

my baby 6 months old and we're starting solids. i'm trying to get him into a daily routine of formula and jarred babyfood. he eats a jar a day over a period of 3 feedings. i'm wondering if this is too much or too little. i have tried asking a few different docs but they never seem to say much. he hates rice cereal i have tried it quite a few times always spits it out. wonder what other moms are doing/did.

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honey, a jar a day is a great. At least it is for me. My daughter hated baby food absolutely refused it. Of course, I'm nursing and I'm told that that is normal. If it wasn't something with a little texture she wouldn't eat it. And up until she was about eight months she wouldn't eat many solids at one setting. Her doc said it was fine as long as she was nursing well.
    hansonfan1985

Answer by hansonfan1985 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my dd pedi told me to give her 3 meals a day and nurse (or if you bottle feed) in between meals....is it a big jar of food or a little one? i am starting solids, well i already did but introducing more, and im going to do a large jar and a smal jar a day... nursing in between...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• How are you? I have a six month old son. I started giving him solid food at 4 months old. He is just a hungry baby. He now gets 4 to 5 6oz bottles of formula in a 12 hour period and 3 spoon feeds each day. He gets two teaspoons of rice cereal for breakfast, a jar of fruit for lunch and a jar of vegetables for dinner. He eats it all. My son's paediatrician has told me this is fine and he is a healthy, booming baby. He also gets two 6 oz bottles when he wakes at night. He is 19lbs in weight and doing fabulously. You should try giving your baby some apple sauce, it seemed to work really well with my son, although each baby is different!! Apple sauce and pears were great starters for him. And I must agree at first he didn't like the rice cereal, but apparently it is a good carb for him and after a few weeks of eating the sweet things he really took to the rice cereal. Hope i helped!! Good luck
    brendabelfast

Answer by brendabelfast at 2:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have a six month old son He is 19lbs in weight brendabelfast?????? the 1 b4 me?!?!?!?!?
    6 mos 19lbs??? my son was about 20ish lbs wen he turned 1 hes very tall so hed look skinny but 6mos?!?!?!? 19 lbs how tall is he ?@?!?@?! mayb try more try less see wats better is harder but itll wor!!!! thats what i did n figured out hes tall so a lil more will help!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My breastfed 7 month old gets nursed on demand when I am home. Two stage 2 jars of baby food and 8 oz of formula when I am at work. She weighs 16 pounds but, looks thin. She seems satified with what she gets. I have never really paid attention to weight with my kids, my 3 y/o weighed 11 pounds at 7 months old, my 4 y/o weighed 15 pounds @ 1 year, my 7 y/o weighed 20 pounds at 7 months. Now they are normal weights and perfectly healthy.

If you think your baby needs more baby food then give it to him. I started my daughter off with 1 jar a day for 2 weeks and then 2 jars a days for 3 weeks and now she is getting 2 jars of stage 2 twice a day. She gets them at 10AM and 6PM. Hope this helps!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:19 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My six month old is eating two stage 1 jars a day. A fruit and a veggie. She gets two tablespoons of rice in the morning, a fruit at 11 and veggie at 5. She also gets 24 oz of bottles throughout the day. She seems happpy and full.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my baby was 18lbs at 6 months...whats the big deal mamabear???

And to answer your question my son probably ate two stage 1 jars of baby food at 6 months. keep offering the baby food and do what you think is right for your baby.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I just started my son on jarred baby food last week. (He hated the cereal too!) He eats about 1/4-1/2 jar veggies once a day and breastfeeds the same as he did before the food. I am hoping to get him to eat at least 1/2 jar veggies soon each day while I'm at work. He is 4 1/2 months old and 17 lbs.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my son was 16.4 lbs when he was weighed this last sunday. he will be officially 6 months on friday.
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009