Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??

signs of labor? anyone can tell me signs of labor to look for

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • your water breaking is a sign, and also if you feel like you have to have a bowel movement(gross i know) but thats what i thought and when i went into the bathroom nothing happened and i reached down and could feel my dd head!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • if my water breaks would it be alot?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • If your water breaks (which it does in ONLY about 15% of people, the other 85% have to have it popped for them when they get to the hospital) it would be gushing. Like, a huge amount. Also (duh) contractions. They feel like really bad period cramps, starting in the back and working their way to the front.
    SarahLeeMorgan

    Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:06 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • uh no sarahleemorgan a lot of what you said is incorrect. please stop spreading misinformation. you should never quote percentages. that is such a false number. and its not always gushing (though mine did) a lot of times it can be a slow leak.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Wow, if those percentages were correct then Mother Nature/God really messed up! What did women do in labor before the recent invention of doctors & hospitals?? ;-P

    Most of the time water will break at some point before the baby is born, but sometimes baby is born in an intact bag. It doesn't HAVE to be broken. Occasionally, it will break without contractions-labor.

    So moms can expect contractions first for most labors, then eventually water breaking. But there are so many different ways to labor~ each is unique.

    doulala

    Answer by doulala at 1:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Pre/Early labor indicators: Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, losing mucous plug, bloody show, contractions (regular~increasing in intensity), back pain, menstrual-like cramps, pressure very low. While these are normal things to notice in the third trimester, it's a combo that gets your attention. Especially, when the contractions increase to a point where you must stop what you're doing to focus on getting through it.
    doulala

    Answer by doulala at 1:27 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN